South African Skeptics

Best of Shoutbox

Offline Tweefo

• Skeptical ability: +10/-0
    • African Sky Planetaruim
(10:15:56) BoogieMonster: Health minister Dr Zwelini Mkhize says that he understands the apprehension around the new National Health Insurance (NHI), but has reassured stakeholder​s that the system will be run with the same efficiency and integrity as other public entities..
(10:17:20) BoogieMonster: Now that is a load off of my mind!
(04:20:50) brianvds: I wonder what medical load shedding will look like....
(10:51:13) Mefiante: “Please check the Health Shedding timetable for your area online. The Emergency and Treatment Services grid is severely constrained​, and will only be available at the scheduled times. We apologise for any deaths caused.”
(14:36:30) Mefiante: “Download our free Deathkom Se Push app for Apple or Android.”
(22:03:37) BoogieMonster: Unfortunately matric results will be released tomorrow, so MRI's will not be operational​.

Just had to share this to my local paper.
If you don't agree with me you are obviously not from this planet.

Online brianvds

• Skeptical ability: +15/-0
    • Brian van der Spuy
And more proof that the honourable minister is right, and the system will indeed be run with the same efficiency as other departments:

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
    • Skeptical ability: +20/-3
  • Three men make a tiger.
Carbon monoxide should do the trick. It's odourless and therefore harmless. Just hope it knocks out those millipede reptiles. But kindly keep a specimen or two for the naturalists - I'm sure they could squeeze a few papers out of that.
You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.

Offline Mefiante

• Defollyant Iconoclast
    • Skeptical ability: +64/-9
  • In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται
    • Me, according to johnno777
But kindly keep a specimen or two for the naturalists - I'm sure they could squeeze a few papers out of that.
Good thinking!  There’s an excellent chance well-seasoned scientists will discover new biological spices such as flying bed bucks, warps, and co crèches.

'Luthon64
"Sensitive" people are now carefully examining the entire universe, trying to find something to be "offended" at. It won't stop until such time as the "offenders" learn to stop apologizing, and saying "freck off" instead. — brianvds, The ShoutBox Classics, 02/07/2018.

Online BoogieMonster

• NP complete
    • Skeptical ability: +19/-1
(08:08:31) brianvds: https://www​.businessins​ider.co.za/b​room-challen​ge-nasa-says​-viral-trend​-is-based-on​-hoax-2020-2
(08:09:28) brianvds: And of course, which direction the water in your flushing toilet rotates, depends on which hemisphere you are in... :-)
(10:31:45) Rigil_Kent: It does to some degree, but it is mostly due to the spiceness of the local cuisine and how lipophilic capsaicin overreacts when suddenly released into a dilute aqueous medium. I believe it's to do with the curry holess force.
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool