EK FOKKEN HAAT SOKKER!!!

sorry, dis al.

Amen. I can’t deal with people plastering every fucking flag they can find on any other fucking thing they can find.

Grin and bear, smile and wave.

FEEL IT, IT IS HERE
please excuse me while i vomit profusely.

imagine this:
hyundai is sponsoring 7000 tickets for poor black kids.
these tickets needs to be allocated between 25 matches.
each 10 kids need to be chaperoned by a teacher/adult.
each school needs to provide us with the names, grades and id’s of each kid.(FiFa is paranoid)
they need to provide us with the name, id and cell number of each chaperone.
we had to organise busses for said kids, to and from the games.
the busses need to be department of education approved.
the busses need to be department of transport approved.
the busses need to be fifa approved.
each kid receives, on the day, a pack containing a lunch box, with chow, a blanket, a cap.
we are packing all this shit in our storeroom.
we recieved the stuff yesterday only.( thank you transport strike)
we are making all the sarmies ourselves.
each kid needs a lanyard with a tag on, showing the school, the principal, the chaperone, and the lapdesk rep.
all this is done with one printer and one guillotine.
the tickets arrived this morning.
the tickets given, dont correspond with the spreadsheet supplied by hyundai.
the boss forgot the allocate one game.

and guess who is doing all this?

US SODS!!!

guess whose doing boggeroll… some car company who shall not be named.
are we an event management company?
NO

we are a charity.
how in the hell did we manage to get all this crap loaded onto us?

EKKE FOKKEN OOK!

Fokken retarded neighbours now have a fokken vuvuzela. In addition to the fokken screaming baby.

Fokkity fok fok fok.

Today, Thursday, was my first cancelled gig because of some “friendly” match being played tonight. The last SWC (the one 5 yrs ago in France) cost me R 24,000.00 in cancelled gigs over six weeks. This year I am now already R 1000.00 down and the f*cking thing hasn’t even started yet. If I have as many gigs cancelled due to the soccer this WC as I did in the previous one, it will cost me around R 60,000.00 in lost, unrecoverable income. Five years ago I couldn’t pay rent and had to live out of my car sleeping on a building site for two months. This year at least I have a girlfriend I can (hopefully) move in with.

You think YOU hate soccer? Try and match my reasons for hating it. I cannot begin to describe how much I hate soccer, or any other sport that affects my income for that matter.

I am, as I’m typing here, being KAKKED on because I’m not wearing the company sponsored horrific yellow soccer shirt we were given on Tuesday. The bloody thing is brighter than the sun’s core and plays havoc with my skintone, aside from that, the bloody thing is tailored around the ass and the size small hangs to my knees, I look like a sausage. Bloody madness!!!

I am, as I’m typing here, wearing my soccer shirt (and probably looking like a sausage)
I also have SA flags on my car mirrors.
I own a Vuvuzela (works well as a beer funnel too)
The WC is here, and I for one would much rather be positive about it, join in the madness and fun, and enjoy the positive attitude of my fellow South Africans. After the WC is over, we South Africans will most likely go back to bitching and moaning about everything around us (its what we do…) but in the mean time, I embrace the silliness, even though I don’t know a thing about the game.
(of course, I am not losing money/work. Sorry its affecting you so badly Stevo. People should still be going to music gigs in my honest opinion, regardless of whatever else is going on)

Oh by the way fellow skeptics, those nice soccer shirts your company is giving you… you are going to be taxed on it as a company benefit. thank you SARS. wankers.

hey, I paid a boatload of money for mine…

I am quite a negative bugger, but on this point I have to agree with you Lilli. I am getting swept up in the vibe in spite of myself and loving it. We don’t have much to be happy about, but this is something.

And even though the stadiums (stadia?) were expensive and maybe superfluous, they are impressive and will be used for a variety of events in the future. I look at Soccer city and get a bit giddy with pride. Wow, look what we made. And personally I would much rather have my taxes wasted on a tangible 95 000 seater monolith than see it dissapear into a plethora of government officials’ pockets or to see another R10 million party thrown at my expense to celebrate the growing incompetence, apathy and corruption of government.

We have new shiny, way overdue roads that would have taken decades to build had there not been extra impetus. And yes we will pay toll fees to use them, but do you honestly imagine we would not have paid toll fees had they been constructed at a later date?

The Gautrain, though not built for the WC, probably would not have been approved had it not been for this particular spotlight on our transport system. It gives me chills when I drive beneath a new viaduct or tunnel entrance. Its damn impressive and it makes me proud to know that I lived to see the construction of Africa’s largest civil engineering project. And besides that, its going to make my life sooo much easier.

For the next two months at least, we can at least rest slightly easier knowing that the cops are going to move at least a bit closer to doing their jobs, and if they don’t there will be many more enticing people with dollars for the crims to target.

So, all of you. Chill and go with the giddy flow. What have you got to lose?

im checking two games, the warmup between the aussies and usa 2morro, and then usa vs slovenia. as much as im claustrophobic, hate noise, hate crowds, and hate kids, guess what, its my job, and i dont have a choice about it.
so ja, im not into sport, at all, except rally. so i will go with a smile on my gob, and get with the flow.

heheheh it’s lekker reading the views on the fokken sokker…and I too don’t like the game but more seriously i FOKKEN HATE FIFA or Mafifa as I call them…shit who do they think they are?..Blatter is the biggest mafia dude outside of Sicily…I cannot understand how the authorities could contract ON BEHALF of companies who lie within a 2km radius of any WC venue and prohibit ANY signs (like BMW) which conflict with Hyundai!!! My son works for BMW and they have to put black cloths over their BMW logos…jisses…and let’s not get on to the subject of what beer you may drink within 2kms…and they have their own cops to ensure full compliance.! But Like Lilli says lets go with the flow and enjoy the ride…Viva Bafana!

Call me negative if you wish… I don’t really “get into” sport at all, soccer is just another sport I’m completely ambivalent towards. As for the Gautrain construction and highways, I’m of two minds. Yes they are great, the new highways are gorgeous (where they have been finished), and the Gautrain is a boon, but it shows us once again that despite massive amounts of money being spent, and external help being fielded, in Africa we can still screw things up: The gautrain way over time and as we all know WILL not be finished in time for the WC (in fact it overshoots by a full year). They’ve only managed to get one part of what they’d promised would be operational (and only because the need was dire). The project is way over budget and was marred by industrial action (squeezing the man for all he’s worth). The roads… much the same story and yes, will be tolled, by quite a margin. It will be nigh-impossible to drive around greater Gauteng without incurring a toll. “Government” road infrastructure is now a thing of the past. Govt says this is because they can’t afford to build roads; Where DID my tax money go again?

Meanwhile, our suburban roads have been carrying much heavier traffic than what they were designed for, this means they are now in shambles and with the impending tolling being proposed, I’m guessing our urban roads are going to become the routes of choice for heavy vehicles… thus I don’t see a light at the end of that tunnel, especially since they’re already unable to repair much of it. (And this is all because the roads are never resurfaced when they should, with no hope on them being resurfaced in the near future).

If this is the best we can do given it’s our ABSOLUTE BEST for a impending world sports event that injects tons of money into the economy. What is it going to be like after?

as gorgeous as the new N1 and M1 is looking now, us poephols taking the backroads, are kakking of for hours on end, coz the highway is a fuckup, and every sod is taking the backroads.
and, the roads that arent leading to stadia, are shitty.
dude, there’s a fucking pothole on the M1 highway by woodmead. wtf joe?
my office mate has to pretty much re-do her wheelalignment weekly, and had to replace plenty tyres.
im curious to know how many thousands of rands worth of tyres had to be replaced this year only, nevermind the accidents that ensued from badly maintained roads.
i had to travel one piece of road, the kakkest thing this side of Irak. the road became so bad, we drove on the dirt shoulder, coz it had less holes.
they fixed it since then, but didnt bother to paint lines. sigh.
and im allso not convinced about the Gautrain. my mum said sumthing years ago when they started with the nonsense, that every hobo is going to park off in the tunnels, and get squished. and the poor buggers that got bullied out of their houses, and had to sell for less than market value. and the people whose property value is dropping coz the track is passing by their back door.
i really hope, that in the long run, it will be profitable, but i cant see it.
joe soap cant use it, its too damn expensive, and im not convinced about the security issue either. imgine, catching the train at midnight from the airport, then being stuck with your local rapist in there for the trip back. nice.

i dunno, maybe im allso a pessimist, but im a realist too, and i cant help thinking this thing is going to turn into a big white elephant.

People.

You are complaining about bad roads and then complaining about road improvements
You are complaining about traffic jams and then complaining about a high speed train built to alleviate it.
You are complaining about property values falling near tracks. Oh well, maybe we should just stop all development and slowly wait for everything to crumble and fall apart like in the rest of Africa. There are others complaining about development and progress too. The ANCYL was really miffed at toilets being enclosed.
Anyone who is opposed to progress and development has dubious motives in my opinion.

You are saying the Gautrain will be too expensive and too dangerous! I think they had to make a choice. Make it cheap and therefore less secure as every form of debaucherous human will be able to use it. Or make it a bit more pricey so that it can serve business and the criminals can be kept off it.
In any case, the Gautrain is not aimed at the masses, but at the motorist in order to reduce congestion on the highways. It will a much more affordable proposition for the live in PTA and work in JHB crowd.

Are you seriously suggesting a train project should be scrapped because of the possibility that a deaf, blind homeless person with the IQ of a lemon might amazingly find his way underground and stumble into the path of an oncoming train? You call that a realistic argument? In that case we should immediately ban cars, trucks, busses, trains, razors, knives, forks, spoons, toothpicks and peas, to name a few items potentially lethal to the unsupervised mentally retarded!

If you are afraid of the alleged local rapist on the train, maybe you should rather use the road. It is much safer with its hijackings, rock attacks and road accidents. At least the hazards on the road have some basis in reality.

If you want to call yourself a realist, please be realistic and resist the temptation to speculate wildly. I would suggest you take a day off and take the business train from Pretoria to Joburg. See what an amazing thing it is. Perfectly safe, occupied mainly by business people, luxurious and affordable. It resembles any train in Europe and is just as comfortable and safe.

Before I even go further, I DID say I’m of TWO minds about this. Maybe I didn’t say it LOUDLY ENOUGH?!

I complained about the way in which, and the incompetence with, this was done. Please don’t misrepresent my statements. Also I pointedly stated that I would’ve preferred tax payer money be used for this than making provincial roads a private enterprise. (Alas, I think I have a suspicion where my tax money resides in leu of that happening)

You are complaining about traffic jams and then complaining about a high speed train built to alleviate it.

Once again, completely missing the point. “JHB Subway” = way overdue. Overbudget monster of a mess, not so much. One day when they complete it I’m sure it’ll be great.

Oh well, maybe we should just stop all development and slowly wait for everything to crumble and fall apart like in the rest of Africa.

Yeah maybe we should just leave our dearly incompetent leaders to be blissfully incompetent and never have a bad word to say to them. Surely this will make our country unlike the rest of Africa. Critisism is for negative people anyway, we’d rather not try to improve things. Leave our infallable politicians be, we love under-achievement.

Anyone who is opposed to progress and development has dubious motives in my opinion.

Defending the status quo is dubious in mine. In everything, seek always improvement. (Maybe it’s just because in my work environment, harsh critisism is seen as healthy and a welcome opportunity for a lesson to be learnt, YMMV)

It will a much more affordable proposition for the live in PTA and work in JHB crowd.

Once the roads are a business, I’m sure it will be. Me, I think it’s much more about convenience, and I’d gladly take it (If I needed to)

Are you seriously suggesting a train project should be scrapped because of the possibility that a deaf, blind homeless person with the IQ of a lemon might amazingly find his way underground and stumble into the path of an oncoming train? You call that a realistic argument?

Yeah deaf homeless people deserve to die, freck them. Anyway, it’s pretty close to the truth. The Gautrain will never be operated at near the true maximum speed (that was initially envisioned). This is because it was deemed that, in an South African context, there are too many people walking on the tracks and it’d be too dangerous for them. (and we know fencing wouldn’t help one bit).

In that case we should immediately ban cars, trucks, busses, trains, razors, knives, forks, spoons, toothpicks and peas, to name a few items potentially lethal to the unsupervised mentally retarded!

That is one heck of a straw man you got there.You may as well add soft squishy toys to that list too, they’re evil.

If you want to call yourself a realist, please be realistic and resist the temptation to speculate wildly. I would suggest you take a day off and take the business train from Pretoria to Joburg. See what an amazing thing it is. Perfectly safe, occupied mainly by business people, luxurious and affordable. It resembles any train in Europe and is just as comfortable and safe.

I’ve heard of this train. Pretty cool, but doesn’t seem to have won over the bulk of travellers.

Was there a point during your reply where you figured out that the points I addressed were not in response to your earlier comments, but in direct response to the post GCG made after you?

But seeing as you insist:

Neither do I. Have never, and will probably never watch 10 minutes of what I think is one of the more boring and unproductive sports on earth. There does however seem to be a rather large number of fans who feel differently.

Do you realise that precious few major civil projects are ever completed on time and on budget in the world? It most certainly is not an African phenomenon. I am the first to criticise African incompetence, but crying wolf will render legitimate complaints invalid.
Case in Point: Boston’s Big Dig: Overshot all its deadlines. Overshot budget by around $12 Billion, yes BILLION, make that nearly $20 Billion with interest. Several collapses have led to deaths. Criminal charges for negligence. Constant leaks to this day. Faulty bolt installations. Major sections paid for, built but never used, etc etc.
http://www.associatepublisher.com/e/b/bi/big_dig.htm

You can also look at the Channel Tunnel, Millau viaduct, Kansai airport (Still sinking) etc etc.

Construction wise there were no major problems with any of the stadiums and in fact the beautiful Soccer City was delivered months ahead of schedule.

I fully agree. It is insane to toll roads used to carry the daily commercial lifeblood of the country. There should be no toll. And if there is, it should be token only. 1 cent/ km will still earn them a killing, but won’t be felt by the average motorist. The proposed 50 cent/km is pure robbery and most of it will probably end up in obscure pockets.

Yes, suburban roads have been carrying more traffic as a consequence of the highways being upgraded so that the suburban roads don’t have to carry so much traffic!!! Not rocket-science!
In my opinion, and probably in the road department’s as well, it would be prudent to wait until the highways are completed before upgrading the suburban roads thus not elevating traffic problems to traffic standstill. As every road crew in the country has been occupied on the highways in recent years, there obviously was a lack in human resources.

The gov have stated that they plan on instituting a complete ban on heavy vehicles on secondary roads when an alternative is available.

…Continued on the next post…

…Continued from the Previous Post…

On to your reply to the post I never made to you:

Yes, I know you did. THAT IS WHY I DID NOT RESPOND TO YOUR POST!!

I did not misrepresent your statements because…I DID NOT REPSOND TO YOUR POST!!!

No, sir, you miss the point. I WAS NOT RESPONDING TO YOU!!! I was responding to this statement:

As I hope you can see, I was at NO point suggesting a halt to the critising of government or of projects. I was being sarcastic in response to a ridiculously reactionist argument which has little or no basis in reality even though the author deems herself a realist!

I am a great proponent of criticising the gov. You will often find letter of mine in the Star and the Citizen. My local DA councilor is also rather tired of my letters and calls. I am actively involved in a campaign to declare organisations like the Black Lawyer’s Forum, Black Editor’s Forum and the Black Business Forum racist in nature and in opposition to our constitution.

Again…I WAS NOT RESPONDING TO YOU!!!

Indeed a strawman argument! Meant as a satirical, sarcastic and ironic reply to the statement below in an attempt to show how ridiculous it is:

Do I need to say it… You guessed it…I WAS NOT RESPONDING TO YOU!!!

Afraid to say, you’ve got to do a bit more research on this one.
A: It is not meant for the BULK of travellers, because if it were it would be just another overloaded, dangerous Metrorail train…
B: The train has been so successful that a friend of mine doing her PhD at Wits was on the waiting list for the train for over 6 months. She eventually got a regular ticket when they added a second business train due to the Huge demand.

I have to agree with Threeholerhauler here. All these negative waves… Life is not so bad.

Plural form, I guess you could see the confusion. The lack of quoting also makes it entirely unclear who you are adressing. I see you’ve now quoted things directly, well done.