South African Skeptics

Puns

Hermes · 172 · 41733

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
    • Skeptical ability: +19/-1
My son was looking up at the sky and asked my how stars die...

"Mostly overdoses"
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete

[spoiler]Wrong on many levels[/spoiler]
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
My friend tried to convince me he'd glued himself to his autobiography. I didn't believe him. But that's his story, and he's sticking to it.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
If semen determines the sex of the baby, that must mean it's gender-fluid.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
A priest once told me I was the prettiest boy he'd ever seen, I was touched.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
You can put a boat on your head like a hat if you flip it over: It's cap sized.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
If A is for Apple, and B is for Banana, what is C for?
A plastic explosive.

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
    • Skeptical ability: +20/-3
  • Three men make a tiger.
A cowbow was annoyed with his drunken partner who decided to relieve himself in his brand new Stetson. But they finally decided to bury the hatshit.

[spoiler]According to QI, the BBC TV trivia series typically featuring an assortment of comedians as pretend-contestants, the 19th century cowboy was never outfitted with a Stetson, but rather a Derby (aka bowler) hat. The much more substantial Hollywood cranial prop commonly associated with Westerns is therefore mostly a fiction. Next they'll tell me Vikings didn't wear horns.[/spoiler]
You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
[spoiler]According to QI, the BBC TV trivia series typically featuring an assortment of comedians as pretend-contestants, the 19th century cowboy was never outfitted with a Stetson, but rather a Derby (aka bowler) hat. The much more substantial Hollywood cranial prop commonly associated with Westerns is therefore mostly a fiction. Next they'll tell me Vikings didn't wear horns.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Or that Napoleon was of average height..[/spoiler]

Offline brianvds

• Skeptical ability: +15/-0
    • Brian van der Spuy

[spoiler]Or that Napoleon was of average height..[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Or that before Columbus, everyone believed the earth was flat.[/spoiler]

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
kill me now

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
I have so many composer jokes, I'll make you a Liszt!

Why couldn't the spring quartet find their composer?
He was Haydn.

Why didn't Handel go shopping?
He was baroque.

What do you get when you drop a piano down a mineshaft?
A flat minor.

Middle C, A flat, and G walk into a bar. The barman says:
"I'm sorry, we don't serve minors".

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
What did Schwarzenegger say when the roles where handed out for an upcoming movie about famous composers?

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
"I'll be Bach."