South African Skeptics

Moving my son to a Secular School

Faerie · 17 · 9337

Offline johanmynhardt

• Skeptical ability: +0/-0
In interesting thread!

I am still single and far from a relationship, not to even mention sending a child to school.

But I like to be prepared and wanted to find out if there are any secular schools in South Africa.
Coming from a religious family and binning religion over a year ago, I find it hard to think that I actually made it out, taking into account that I've been to 'christian' schools.
It must be that I never really believed fully or that I valued factual evidence over feelings.

I hope to have an easier task by the time I have to send children to school!

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
    • Skeptical ability: +19/-1
It must be that I never really believed fully or that I valued factual evidence over feelings.

IMHO You probably did believe fully at some point. I did, until I decided to delve a bit deeper and discovered there was nothing below the surface.
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool