head off!

This Italian Neurosurgeon http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/06/head-transplant-italian-neuroscientist_n_3533391.html reckons he can transplant a human head successfully. let’s assume he is able to (I have my doubts) then consider the legal, sociological, psychological implications et al.

I am a murderer and shoot you in the heart: I escape on a motorbike and fall: my head is crushed and they now transplant your head onto my body: who am I?
I am a woman and have the head of a man fitted! I wake up to find I don’t have a penis: who do I sue?

The possibilities are endless!

At least now she can parallel park properly.

assume he is able to

He’s not. He has a hypothesis that is being bashed all over by other experts in that field. Half of the criteria he needs to meet to even be able to attempt this have not been met by modern medical science. Like, say, re-attaching a severed spinal chord, let alone attaching someone else’s spinal chord.

who am I?

You are dead. I would claim the “head” determines the identity of the person. Thinking otherwise, I think, betrays magical thinking.

I am a woman and have the head of a man fitted! I wake up to find I don't have a penis

Once again, you are dead, the man wakes up and finds he doesn’t have a penis. He should feel lucky he woke up at all. Besides, haven’t we all wished we could experience this anyway?

You mean stay home and play with your new boobs the whole day? AND as a bonus, women live longer.

I would claim the "head" determines the identity of the person. Thinking otherwise, I think, betrays magical thinking.
Which head, then?

Uh… yeah… the boobs… let’s go with that…

I would claim the "head" determines the identity of the person. Thinking otherwise, I think, betrays magical thinking.
Which head, then?

The one not rotting in the bin?

There was a movie where I think they transplanted a face.
And the person had the identity crisis of having to deal with having another face look back at him in the mirror.

I suspect you would have the same identity issues with another body.

They get in the way. Take it from someone who knows.

Far more fun playing with dangly bits than droopy blobs. 8)

wouldnt mind having the strength of a man…

Tell me about it. I miss the days when I was still an a-cup.

Rigil

And speaking of head transplants.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Worlds-first-successful-penile-transplant-performed-in-Cape-Town-20150313