South African Skeptics

The joy of Facebook

Tweefo · 255 · 60200

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
    • Skeptical ability: +20/-3
  • Three men make a tiger.
... 'n groot kans dat Suid-Afrika oor die volgende ses maande of so soveel as 300 000 of 400 000 ... lyke gaan produseer. Wat gaan met dit alles gedoen word?
Hulle sal seker in die staatsdiens opgeneem word.
You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
    • Skeptical ability: +19/-1
There it is:

and so on...
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool

Offline brianvds

• Skeptical ability: +15/-0
    • Brian van der Spuy

Well, there you have it: the devil made coronavirus. Considering how hugely efficiently the things is spreading, it is clearly Intelligently Designed. So now we know who the Intelligent Designer is. :-)

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
Oh my god the comments. It's not just bad, it's bad FOR THE INTERNET.
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
I've actually seen some of the 5G hysteria on facebook recently. I just hadn't realised it was also implicated in the plague.

Offline brianvds

• Brian van der Spuy

My grandma, on the other hand, swore by cyanide. Within two minutes of taking it she no longer had the flu.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete

Offline cyghost

• Skeptically yours
    • Skeptical ability: +12/-1
  • Carpe diem
 :o :D ::)

bring it  >:D
Ei incumbit probatio, qui dicit, non qui negat; cum per rerum naturam factum negantis probatio nulla sit

Offline Faerie

• Skeptical ability: +10/-2

At least I would be able to go pick myself some smokes out of a back room somewhere whilst everybody else gets raptured.

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
At least I would be able to go pick myself some smokes out of a back room somewhere whilst everybody else gets raptured.
Bwhaa-haa. Ag shym Faerie ... is dit maar taai tye vir die rookers?  :o :/

Offline brianvds

• Brian van der Spuy
Bwhaa-haa. Ag shym Faerie ... is dit maar taai tye vir die rookers?  :o :/

Time for them to do what the drinkers are already doing en masse: produce your own. Unfortunately a tobacco plant takes longer to grow than a batch of cheap hooch takes to ferment. :-)

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
We should tap into our vast floral heritage. Surely there must be some herb lurking in one of our biomes that will show some promising recreational value. So the moment we are set free, I move that the smokers systematically work their way through, say, Petersen's Fynbos of the Western Cape. With that groundwork laid, we may be better off when Corona II locks us away again. Pro-activity, my good peeps.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
Surely there must be some herb lurking in one of our biomes that will show some promising recreational value.

You mean like putting some in boiling water and making some kind of tea out of it? Personally, I prefer to have the sheep eat it, makes them yummy.

I'd rather stick to the weeds.   :D