South African Skeptics

The joy of Facebook

Tweefo · 253 · 58786

Offline Majin

• Skeptical ability: +1/-0
I'm thinking I should maybe stay from Facebook for a while. Think I am having a bullshit overload.
Tempts me to easily to stir stuff I shouldn't.

Offline Tweefo

• Skeptical ability: +10/-0
    • African Sky Planetaruim
This is what I do with the rainfall in town. Look at the comment at the bottom. Caps lock segregation! Apartheid is alive and well.
If you don't agree with me you are obviously not from this planet.

Offline brianvds

• Skeptical ability: +15/-0
    • Brian van der Spuy
Perhaps they should consider changing the name from Facebook to Facepalm...

Offline Tweefo

Grr. I am quite open with my atheism, even on FB, so why would FB suggest pages like this to me?

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
    • Skeptical ability: +19/-1
Maybe Mark Zuckerberg is trying to save you!
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool

Offline Faerie

• Skeptical ability: +10/-2
Xtianity is all about converting souls. Anyway, its Facebook for gods sake! What did you expect? Intellectual stimulating conversations?

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
I actually suspect it's very simple:

Xtian pastors are quite keen to secure their place in heaven by securing some atheists. They probably specifically target us.
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool

Offline brianvds

• Skeptical ability: +15/-0
    • Brian van der Spuy

Offline Mefiante

• Defollyant Iconoclast
    • Skeptical ability: +64/-9
  • In solidarity with rwenzori: Κοπρος φανεται
    • Me, according to johnno777
"Sensitive" people are now carefully examining the entire universe, trying to find something to be "offended" at. It won't stop until such time as the "offenders" learn to stop apologizing, and saying "freck off" instead. — brianvds, The ShoutBox Classics, 02/07/2018.

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
    • Skeptical ability: +20/-3
  • Three men make a tiger.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium_sulfate
Interesting to note that magnesium sulphate in solution converts acoustic energy into thermal energy. Perhaps I should dump a few kilograms of Epsom salts in the swimming pool mid-September, and ask one of the soprano kerktannies to sing a few hymns next to it for a week. Can take my first ghoef early October!

Rigil
You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
When even the salesman is so unsure of his product he feels the need to give you a plan B.

Offline Faerie

• Skeptical ability: +10/-2
her email addy is "oulikboud" - do we really have to question anything here? 

Offline Tweefo

This is what Facebook suggest to me to follow.  (wtf!!) I already got Stars Forecasting and Psychic reading suggestions but this is a new low.