South African Skeptics

The joy of Facebook

Tweefo · 259 · 60838

Offline Rigil Kent

• Third Party Cookie
    • Skeptical ability: +20/-3
  • Three men make a tiger.
I'm assuming the post above refers to Sol-tech ... a school  I came to learn about a mere ten minutes ago after some Duckduckgoing. Here is a link if others are interested. While I'm certainly no fan of Solidarity with their incessant references to "Christian Values" (whatever that might mean) and doubtful interpretations of the OGOD court judgement,  I can't help but admire this initiative, mostly because it grew out of, and was (reportedly) financed by, the community members.

https://sol-tech.co.za/meer-oor-sol-tech/agtergrond/

Life is so complex.
You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.

Offline brianvds

• Skeptical ability: +15/-0
    • Brian van der Spuy
I'm assuming the post above refers to Sol-tech ... a school  I came to learn about a mere ten minutes ago after some Duckduckgoing. Here is a link if others are interested. While I'm certainly no fan of Solidarity with their incessant references to "Christian Values" (whatever that might mean) and doubtful interpretations of the OGOD court judgement,  I can't help but admire this initiative, mostly because it grew out of, and was (reportedly) financed by, the community members.

It appears they actually used the money to build something instead of making it disappear down a bottomless well. Perhaps the ANV can learn a thing or two from them. And they can learn from the ANC that there really are other religions in South Africa too, as well as religion-free folks.

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
    • Skeptical ability: +19/-1
Perhaps the ANV[sic] can learn a thing or two from them. And they can learn from the ANC that there really are other religions in South Africa too, as well as religion-free folks.

Pigs could fly too.
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool