Never met in person

Another slow day here, so let us try to get something going. You know how it is that when you’ve never met someone in person, but you talk often on the phone on email or something, you start to build a picture in your mind of the said person. I know there is a name for it, but even Google is unable to come up with it this morning. How do you see the people in this group? I picture Mefiante as Lilith from Cheers. (Sorry Mefiante).

I’m not sure I want to know TBH. When I met GCG the first time many, many years ago she blinked twice in absolute astonishment and muttered out a:

“Oh, you’re not some old dude!”

I say again, let sleeping dogs lie! :smiley:

I don’t actually have any kind of mental picture of anyone on the group. Never thought about it before. Or thought that it was kind of weird.

The same thing happened to Rigil Kent when we first met. He didn’t say anything, but I could see him taking a double take.

Could by my myopia. In any case, unlike brianvds I find it almost impossible not building at least a face for a writer. I think my biggest mental misconstruct was that of the evolutionary scientist Jerry A. Coyne. Except for the ear wiggling.

I fell a little bit in love when I first met Boogie, but I was married then, unlike now… ;D

Not that either of us realised who the other were. It was a fun but rather odd gathering…

Well hello there!

Yeah, I dunno that day I just assumed nobody could be actually ON this forum save for Jaco, and I already knew him.