Re: Religious e-mails (and the evolution of the perfect snappy comeback) - split

Ok, so you skeptic gais are SO clever.
EXPLAIN THIS!!!

Anyway, nice meeting you all.
Guess you will have to shut this site down now.
Don’t feel blind.

Christ. I see a lot of cops in that photo. No Jesus. Which is weird.

Can you at least give a link so we may examine the circumstances?

Of course that time thugs busted into another church a whole lot of people got shot dead on the spot.

I guess sunday is God’s day of rest after all.

lol, a link?

Good luck with that - Daily Sun website: http://www.dailysun.co.za/index.aspx

• cyghost: Jesus is there, in their hearts.

Yes a link. So that we may read the story for ourselves. Jesus is definitely not in their hearts, he wouldn’t fit.

Jesus is pretty selective:

http://www.frontline.org.za/articles/christians_underfire.htm

This is about an attack in SA, but these kinds of things aren’t limited to us, of course:

When I saw the shocking carnage at St. James Church it immediately brought similar bloody scenes flooding back into my mind. Over the last 11 years of missionary work I have personally come across dozens of similar atrocities, especially in Angola and Mozambique. In August 1983 Frelimo troops killed 5 pastors and burnt down all 5 churches in Maskito village, Zambezia province, Mozambique. In September 1983 Frelimo troops killed over 50 Christians and burnt a church down in Pasura village. At Chilleso Evangelical Church, in Angola, Cuban troops shot 150 Christians during a church service. At New Adams farm in Zimbabwe, 16 missionaries and their children were murdered in November 1987.

Muslim mobs have burnt down hundreds of churches and killed hundreds of Christians in Nigeria. In the Sudan more than a hundred Christians were crucified earlier this year. Many hundreds of churches have been attacked in Ethiopia over the last 20 years. And there are no more churches in Somalia - the last church was burnt down and the last minister murdered late last year. And one could continue to recount literally hundreds of similar atrocities.

I guess those people didn’t have Jesus in their hearts.

I understand that you would like a link to read the story for yourself.
Now, as loathe as I am to argue with a vampire/ghost skeptic guy, I must propose the following: gets garlic and silver bullets

The Daily sun newspaper does not keep electronic versions of their stories on their website, you can see this for yourself if you follow the link I posted earlier.
The only way to read the story would be to purchase said respectable and reputable newspaper, or I could take a photo of the text and post it up for you guys.
Now why would you want to read the article? To show that the power of prayer was indeed not responsible for the recovery of the stolen items and criminals?

If that is the case, please bear in mind that this paper has a readership of about 4 million per day. By law, this publication is not allowed to favor or discriminate against a particular religious slant and that such a popular paper would be under obligation to investigate and research their stories extensively before printing them.
If papers could just print whatever without proof and extensive research, we would have a serious problem.

And yes, Jesus could indeed fit inside their hearts. Physically, a 2000 year old corpse would be nothing more than a bit of dust, which could fit.
Spiritually/mentally; they are motivated by psychosocial, peer and cultural belief in Jesus. This influence could be said to be “in their hearts” as it alters the cognitive - affect system.
Or even if Jesus is not a physical entity, perhaps composed of radio waves or some sort of psychic energy, Who knows? That could fit also.
Amusing visual though, a grown man trying to fit into someones heart - literally.

Perhaps it counts if part of Jesus is present. It is possible that the air they are breathing was once in Jesus’ own lung, or the water in their body may have a molecule of water that was once passed through his digestive system. Perhaps even the chemicals of his body found their way in their bodies. Jesus was in their heart, in a homeopathic kinda way perhaps.

Thanks

Ah yes, The Daily Sun. What could one possibly add to that unparalleled paragon of accurate reportage? It tells of sangoma spells as readily as resurrected dead folks. Huisgenoot and People magazine use it for a template.

In some cases you can judge a book by its cover. Sheesh.

EDIT:

That is how I roll.

Now, as loathe as I am to argue with a vampire/ghost skeptic guy, I must propose the following: *gets garlic and silver bullets*
Then why post fucked up little pictures of fucked up little newspapers as if you are making an argument of some kind in the first place?
The Daily sun newspaper does not keep electronic versions of their stories on their website, you can see this for yourself if you follow the link I posted earlier.
I did. This isn't my problem. You are trying to say something. Do it right or leave it alone.
The only way to read the story would be to purchase said respectable and reputable newspaper, or I could take a photo of the text and post it up for you guys.
Do the photo.
Now why would you want to read the article? To show that the power of prayer was indeed not responsible for the recovery of the stolen items and criminals?
That is how I roll. See above.
If that is the case, please bear in mind that this paper has a readership of about 4 million per day.
Yes because we all know that 4 million people can't possibly be wrong about anything. ::)
And yes, Jesus could indeed fit inside their hearts. Physically, a 2000 year old corpse would be nothing more than a bit of dust, which could fit.
How would dead Jesus dust get into their hearts?
Spiritually/mentally; they are motivated by psychosocial, peer and cultural belief in Jesus. This influence could be said to be "in their hearts" as it alters the cognitive - affect system. Or even if Jesus is not a physical entity, perhaps composed of radio waves or some sort of psychic energy, Who knows? That could fit also. Amusing visual though, a grown man trying to fit into someones heart - literally.
I was a cop for 8 years. Jesus was never in my heart. I doubt Jesus is in any heart in any of the ways you just described. At most he is an idea in their heads. The heart doesn't do what you think it does.
Thanks
You are welcome.

Don’t you believe that god originated out of nothing?

The only way to read the story would be to purchase said respectable and reputable newspaper

I stopped reading at that point. You’re saying that the same newspaper that regularly says that Tokoloshes exist is real, is a reputable and respectable newspaper? Oh dear Wotan, I can’t stop laughing.

Yup, another response as devoid of factual content as it is full of faith-based supposition. Please point me at the atheist who says either directly or by implication that “I don’t know” means “everything came from nothing”. It’s funny though how most atheists emerge from a position of indoctrinated belief. One is tempted to say that atheists outgrow the need for juvenile fairytales concerning origins.

Theologians are more or less agreed that god is a “necessary being”. Apart from not saying exactly which of several thousand gods is The One nor what properties such necessity entails, that’s the usual hysterically funny religionistic copout: god works in mysterious ways and manages to pull himself out of his own ass in the process.

Irreverend, you are quite right - the point of posting that pic in response to the one on Christianity, was to illustrate that anything can seem absurd when written in such a way and taken out of context.

BoogieMonster - No, I do not believe that God originated out of nothing. It would be better to ask someone with theistic beliefs.

Mandarb - Dear Wotan indeed. I have an excellent collection of articles from the Daily Sun, ranging from zombies to tokoloshes, people being raped by snakes and muthi.

Cyghost - I am pleased that is how you roll, but you are doing the skeptic movement a disservice. Instead of supporting skepticism by arguing logically and factually, you revert to bully tactics and offensive behavior. This may scare some people off or make them hesitant to engage in further conversation with you, which would remove the opportunity to teach people critical thinking and logical argument. Indeed you should thrive on argument and debate, instead of allowing your insecurity and alpha male tendencies to beat down opposing thought.

To answer you questions:
“Then why post fucked up little pictures of fucked up little newspapers as if you are making an argument of some kind in the first place?” I take this to mean “If you don’t want to argue, why are you posting pictures of articles in newspapers?”
I do want to argue, I posted the pic for that purpose. I said “as loathe as I am to argue with a vampire/ghost skeptic guy, I must propose the following:” because I predicted, based on your previous behavior that you would react as you did.

You said: “I did. This isn’t my problem. You are trying to say something. Do it right or leave it alone.” There is no stipulation in the terms of use for this forum that all posted stories or pics from newspapers should be accompanied by the full text. You have no place or right to tell me to leave it alone.

the text:

Please proceed to roll, as you do.

“I was a cop for 8 years. Jesus was never in my heart. I doubt Jesus is in any heart in any of the ways you just described. At most he is an idea in their heads. The heart doesn’t do what you think it does.”

Yes, when I spoke of “the heart” in that context as the locus of feelings and intuitions. It is a fairly common metaphor and expression. No need to intentionally refer to things in another context where it is not ambiguous just to prove a point. Skeptics should value truth over making a point, right?

The fact that you have never experienced “Jesus being in your heart” is only a result of lack of belief and adherence to the Christian faith. You would have experienced it as being compassion, love, kindness or philanthropic feelings, with no attached religious connotations - as a religious person would have.

Thanks again.

I am not part of any movement and write for and of myself only. I am not here to teach anyone anything and my tactics are my own.

That being said, if you think to start a conversation by posting a shitty little picture of a newspaper heading as if making some kind of point, you’ll get the response from me you have. Live with it. Or don’t. I don’t care at all. Now that you have your own add homs out of the way lets continue. Well, lets see if there is anything to continue with first.

"Then why post fucked up little pictures of fucked up little newspapers as if you are making an argument of some kind in the first place?" I take this to mean "If you don't want to argue, why are you posting pictures of articles in newspapers?" I do want to argue, I posted the pic for that purpose.
That is one screwed up way of making a point. And completely useless. Which forces me to amuse myself in other ways. GiGo.
I said "as loathe as I am to argue with a vampire/ghost skeptic guy, I must propose the following:" because I predicted, based on your previous behavior that you would react as you did.
Yes, yes we noted the [i]add homs[/i] and realise you think you are the only one allowed to make such. Moving on then shall we?
You said: "I did. This isn't my problem. You are trying to say something. Do it right or leave it alone." There is no stipulation in the terms of use for this forum that all posted stories or pics from newspapers should be accompanied by the full text. You have no place or right to tell me to leave it alone.
I don't. But I do so anyway. You can use it or not as you see fit. But the response you get is directly proportioned to your input. So then stop complaining about it like a baby perhaps?
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_RCsZR7j4rE4/SxS5xDO0txI/AAAAAAAABDY/-vZ7CRfCfss/s144/Dsc00066.jpg

Please proceed to roll, as you do.

:cry: I can’t. It is too small. Absolutely useless. Why don’t you tell us how prayer busted the thugs instead because you a) suck at initiating conversation and b) at posting information we can work with.

Yes, when I spoke of "the heart" in that context as the locus of feelings and intuitions. It is a fairly common metaphor and expression. No need to intentionally refer to things in another context where it is not ambiguous just to prove a point. Skeptics should value truth over making a point, right?
The point was truthful. That particular metaphor pisses me off in this context and I like to take the piss out of it. Again, I don't care how you perceive my style at all. If you were actually offering arguments instead of screwed up newspaper headings and cute metaphors, I'd perhaps have something to address and wouldn't have to amuse myself in these nefarious ways you object to so much?
The fact that you have never experienced "Jesus being in your heart" is only a result of lack of belief and adherence to the Christian faith. You would have experienced it as being compassion, love, kindness or philanthropic feelings, with no attached religious connotations - as a religious person would have.
So having Jesus in my heart and not having Jesus in my heart is the same eh? I kinda thought so. ::)

Yeah, sorry about that - this one is better.

/whining like a baby

lol

roflol

No wonder you didn’t put forward an argument or explanation.

So. You think the praying and fasting helped in this particular instance? If you do, why not in the thousands of other cases where bereaved families cry and pray for justice when loved ones are killed?

The ability of human beings to see patterns sure can be a huge drawback in thinking rationally hey?

This is what I was expecting, thus my gentle prodding:

Given its first post:

Ok, so you skeptic gais are SO clever. EXPLAIN THIS!!!!

Anyway, nice meeting you all.
Guess you will have to shut this site down now.
Don’t feel blind.

I suspected as much as well. I don’t mind trolls. It gives my alpha male ego a chance to let loose. Mild mannerd Bruce Banner can release the inner Hulk or sumthin. ;D

This is what I was expecting, thus my gentle prodding:

Troll (slang) - Wikipedia

It has been rather quiet around here lately, a little troll feeding can be entertaining, besides I really, really want to hear all about Midd93’s experiences with possession ( I hope he’s talking about demons and not whacky weed!?) >:D ;D