South African Skeptics

Welcome to all new members!

bluegray · 64 · 35699

Offline ignostic morgan

• Skeptical ability: +0/-0
And for this Southerner[Ga.], t'is good to exchange opinions with y'all!
  T'is convenient to use skeptic,eh?, mates? I'm an inter-patriot: I salute all nations and people.
 Thanks to Pres. Mandela and Pres. de Klerk and Pres.Gorbachev and Pre. Yeltsine for the sake of the world as well for their great countries!

Offline buka001

Ah so good to find a local skeptic site. I have been posting on the JREF forum for some years now. Mostly on 9/11 conspiracies etc, but also religious issues as well. Only came across this, while researching some aspects of Angus Buchan. Very happy to see something with some local flavour!

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
    • Skeptical ability: +20/-3
  • Three men make a tiger.
Daar's hy - A big welcome here! :)

Mintaka
You know it's cold outside when you go outside and it's cold.

Offline Faerie

• Skeptical ability: +10/-2
Odd, I also stumbled upon this site curtesy Angus.  :-\

Welcome here!

Offline Julian

• Skeptical ability: +2/-1
Odd, I also stumbled upon this site curtesy Angus.  :-\

Welcome here!

My first visit had nothing to do with Angus whatsoever. Is he the guy with the big revival meetings?

Offline Faerie

Amen Brother, the one and only.... He surrounds himself with the "MANNE" (with a curtesy service thrown in for the women on the given Sunday - for which they (the women) are eternally grateful)

Offline Carina

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
Welcome Carina, hope you enjoy it here. 8)

Offline Faerie

Welcome, welcome!

Love that the ladies are joining!

Offline BoogieMonster

• NP complete
    • Skeptical ability: +19/-1
Hallo!

This is the internet, you don't know that.  :P
"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground, Silly monkeys, give them thumbs, they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive, so misguided, is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here" - Tool

Offline Faerie

Hallo!

This is the internet, you don't know that.  :P

Yeah, granted,  I was assuming simply by looking at the username....  :/

I did go have a peek at the profile though...  ;D

Offline Rigil Kent

• Armed liberal
I was assuming simply by looking at the username....  :/
And a fair assumption at that, as the keel of the Argo Navis presumably don't type so good.

Rigil

Offline Faerie

I was assuming simply by looking at the username....  :/
And a fair assumption at that, as the keel of the Argo Navis presumably don't type so good.

Rigil

You know, this is one of the great things about interacting with clever people, they're forever saying things that needs to be Googled before understanding sets in.... Love it.

Offline Lou-gee

• My hovercraft is full of eels.
    • Skeptical ability: +1/-0
Well, lookee here  ;D in one of my daily trawls around the Net giggling at quantum quackery and creationism, I was gobsmacked to find a LOCAL skeptics forum! it didn't occur to me that there were enough of us in the country to keep something like this afloat, hehe.

I haven't had a chance to lurk around much yet, just wanted to say 'high' from a science-lovin', vociferously but cheerfully skeptical atheistic chick who sometimes feels like a voice in the wilderness in PE. Seriously, it might well be the motherlode of Christ-buddies and navel-gazing Namastes down here. Bung a bunch of factories on a windy little coastal promontory, and the pollution and damp sea air will rot the faculties!

Look forward to chatting to y'all  :D

Offline st0nes

• Skeptical ability: +10/-1
    • Grumpy Old Man
Well, lookee here  ;D in one of my daily trawls around the Net giggling at quantum quackery and creationism, I was gobsmacked to find a LOCAL skeptics forum! it didn't occur to me that there were enough of us in the country to keep something like this afloat, hehe.

I haven't had a chance to lurk around much yet, just wanted to say 'high' from a science-lovin', vociferously but cheerfully skeptical atheistic chick who sometimes feels like a voice in the wilderness in PE. Seriously, it might well be the motherlode of Christ-buddies and navel-gazing Namastes down here. Bung a bunch of factories on a windy little coastal promontory, and the pollution and damp sea air will rot the faculties!

Look forward to chatting to y'all  :D
Hi, Lou-gee.  I think there is quite an active coven in Porra Lizbiff.  I know they have SITP on occasion.
Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.--Groucho Marx